Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Star Wars Movies Playfully Inserted Into Everyday Life

These average black and white photographs reveal some surprising details mixed in with the everyday scenes. Created by Toronto-based photographer Thomas Dagg, Star Wars is a collection of images in which the artist digitally added various characters and vehicles from the movie into the landscape. While some are quite obvious, like Yoda riding on the back of a young man running through the street, it might take viewers a little longer to identify more subtle details like the rebel insignia on a baseball field or the pairs of glowing eyes that are camouflaged in with piles of trash along the street.
The series is a playful blend of modern life with the fictional reality of the artist's imagination from when he was a child. "The inspiration was always there, really," he explains. "I had a very overactive imagination as a kid. This was what I saw when I looked around the world. If there was a jogger running, my mind raced back to Dagobah and Luke training, for example. I used a lot of toys/my most prized possessions from back then to composite in, too. It's very much an homage to my childhood, not just putting popular culture into photographs."

No comments:

Post a Comment